Terms and conditions
This is an important document which must be considered carefully when you choose to use HANDMADE website at any time. This document was last amended on January 20, 2017.
This document is protected by copyright and is prohibited to copy all or part of the information within it without HANDMADE’s consent.
The following describes the terms and conditions (“Agreement”) under which HANDMADE provides access to its services through the website handmade.website. The terms "we", "us", "our" and "HANDMADE" refer to the company HANDMADE EU-UK-01 LTD in the United Kingdom marketed in the following pages as "HANDMADE". The terms "you", "your", "member" and "user" refer to you.
HANDMADE takes the terms and conditions seriously. Please read this document to learn more about HANDMADE terms and conditions. If you have questions, suggestions, concerns, doubts or want to make a complaint about this document or on its application please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. HANDMADE General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions represent the basis on which you can use our site. When using the services of this site means you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
All phone calls to and from HANDMADE can be monitored and recorded as part of our efforts to improve the services for our customers. HANDMADE provides 0800 numbers for free calls (as is guaranteed by most ot the communications firms) but, please check with your telephone vendor if your calls to 0800 numbers are free of charge.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email, mail or phone to present HANDMADE offers. Also, we may contact you for market research purposes. By using or visiting our website you agree to the terms and conditions below.
II. Using HANDMADE
You may not use our websites unless you have reached the age of 18 or if you are not able to form legally binding contracts or if your HANDMADE account expired.
When you register to use HANDMADE services you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose or show it to anyone. You will be responsible for all activities and transactions that you make in your account. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should change your password immediately or notify us immediately by calling our customer service.
If HANDMADE has reason to believe that it is likely to be a security violation, we may ask you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
While using HANDMADE you will not:
- post, upload or list content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- violate the law, sell counterfeit objects or violate the copyrights or other rights of third parties;
- violate our policies and the policies of other HANDMADE websites;
- fail to deliver payment for items you purchased, unless the seller has changed the item's description after you have placed a bid, or if it is a typographical error;
- post fraudulent, defamatory, misleading, inaccurate content (including personal information);
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information for sites not connected with HANDMADE, for their use or for purposes not related to HANDMADE);
- transfer your HANDMADE account (including feedback) and ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited information, chain letters, pyramid schemes;
- place viruses or any other technologies that may harm our site, or interest in or ownership of HANDMADE users;
- copy, modify, post rights and content from other sites, services or tools, or HANDMADE copyrights and trademarks;
- collect or gather information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
If you register at HANDMADE as a business entity, you acknowledge that you have the authority to legally bind that entity. If you are trading as a business on our websites, you must comply with the laws related to trading.
We begin providing our services to you as soon as you accept this agreement.
We reserve the right to limit your activity on our sites (including, without limitation, restricting the number of stuff that you can list on our sites.) If we believe that such restrictions will improve community safety or reduce exposure of HANDMADE or our user to financial losses or others.
We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time, and the right to modify or discontinue HANDMADE websites.
You agree not to make HANDMADE responsible for any losses suffered as a result of HANDMADE’s actions.
III. Abuse of HANDMADE services
HANDMADE and HANDMADE community work together to keep the community safe and our websites and services running properly. Please report problems, offensive content and policy violations using the contact services or contact addresses available.
Without limiting ourselves, we can send you warnings, apply limitations, terminate or suspend user accounts, prohibit or restrict your access on our sites, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with the account, reduce or eliminate any discounts and follow technical and legal steps to keep you away from our sites if:
- we believe that you create problems or expose HANDMADE or it’s users to financial loss or legal liability;
- believe that you violate the rights of any third party (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights of a third party);
- we believe that you act against this agreement or our policies;
- despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide;
- you have a net feedback/account rating of -4.
In addition, we may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, suspend or terminate accounts of users that repeatedly violates a third party's intellectual property.
You agree not to make HANDMADE responsible for any losses suffered as a result of HANDMADE’s actions described above.
IV. No spam
We do not tolerate spam (unsolicited commercial communications). Please set your preferences regarding HANDMADE notifications so that we can communicate with you as you prefer. You can not add other HANDMADE users, even those who have bought stuff from you, to your mail list (email or mail), without their consent.
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or content that would violate the User Agreement (Terms and conditions). We automatically scan and manually filter messages before they are sent via our communication tools for spam, viruses, misleading attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but not permanently store such messages.
If you send a mail to an email address that is not registered and owned by HANDMADE and belongs to a HANDMADE member, we may not permanently store that email or use that email address for marketing purposes. We do not rent or sell these or any email addresses.
V. Using information about other HANDMADE users
Only when users are involved in a transaction, aur sites and services allow users to share personal and financial information to complete that transaction. When users are involved in a transaction, they can get access to each other's:
- user name;
- email address;
- payment id number;
- payment status;
- full name;
- delivery and return addresses;
If the payment for a transaction is made via HANDMADE, HANDMADE does not keep any information related to:
- your bank account;
- your Paypal password;
- your credit or debit card numbers;
If the transaction payment is made outside HANDMADE, We can not guarantee that other users will respect the security and privacy of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the policies of your transaction partners before entering into transactions and choosing to share your information with them outside HANDMADE website. We also encourage you to respect the privacy of other users and to disclose security policies and your privacy to them.
HANDMADE do not agree that you collect data about our users and use it outside of HANDMADE and by law, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review the information you have about them.
If another user contacts you outside of HANDMADE to make a transaction together, we recommend that you not accept or share your personal information. If you accept, you will do so at your own risk.
VI. User accounts
A HANDMADE user account is free.
To open an account you must be 18 years of age and must agree with this site’s terms and conditions. If you do not agree to those terms and conditions you can just visit the site without registration or you can leave.
VII. Accessing the website
This site is accessible to any user with free internet access. Any costs relating to accessing the internet, hardware, software or Internet access, are the responsibility of the user. He or she is responsible for the proper functioning of its own equipment and internet access.
Some areas of the site are reserved for members who have logged in with user name and password.
HANDMADE reserves the right to refuse access to the website, in its sole discretion and without notice, to any user that does not comply with these conditions.
VIII. Users classes
8.1. Users or visitors are those who access the site every day to use the content and services provided by HANDMADE. However, access to certain areas of the site and to certain content or service may be accessible only to partners and employees of HANDMADE.
8.2. Partners. They are users working with HANDMADE, manufacturers and people from the same or other countries who provide services to users, via HANDMADE.
8.3. Employees are those dealing with HANDMADE website maintenance, writers and others.
IX. Changes to the website
HANDMADE reserves the right to:
- change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that HANDMADE is not be liable to you for such change or removal; and
- change these terms and conditions at any time, and your continuity to use this site is considered to be accepted by you. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions.
X. Links to HANDMADE websites
HANDMADE offers a wide range of products and services.
So HANDMADE contains links to its sites and manages them.
All copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in the website and its content (including, without limitation, the website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected to the site) are owned and licensed by HANDMADE or otherwise used by HANDMADE as permitted by law.
XII. Terms and Limitation of Liability
You agree that you are making use of our services at your own risk, and that they are being provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
We may use your information, including shopping habits, to open and manage your credit account, including recovery of payments, fraud prevention and debt tracing and our marketing.
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email, post or phone with relevant offers from HANDMADE.
Some of the information you provide may be transferred outside the European Economic Area for processing. However, strict rules on confidentiality of your information security are in place to protect them.
To the extent permitted by law, HANDMADE is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) regardless of or in connection with use of the site.
HANDMADE does not guarantee that functionality of the site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it work are free of viruses or other harmful or destructive stuff.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall not be constructed to exclude or limit HANDMADE’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of neglect of HANDMADE, its employees or agents.
HANDMADE does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content of the site and assumes no responsibility or liability for any:
- errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content;
- pesonal injury or damage of any kind resulting from the use of and access to our services;
- unauthorized access to or use of our secure service and / or any personal information;
- interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our services;
- bugs, viruses, Trojan horses.
If you have a complaint please write to: HANDMADE EU-UK-01 LTD 12 Rigby Close, Croydon, CR0 4JU, United Kingdom or contact us using only the information and / or dedicated addresses from our contact page. HANDMADE accepts and learns from complaints.
We aim to resolve complaints quickly and with kindness. All complaints are recorded, investigated and resolved.
XIII. Legal conflicts
If a dispute occurs between you and HANDMADE, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a solution, by going to HANDMADE help page for customer assistance. We will consider reasonable the requests to resolve conflicts through alternative conflict resolution procedures such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation. Any claim, dispute or matter arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be governed and construed in all aspects by the laws of England. You and HANDMADE agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
In simple terms "non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England" means that if you were able to enter a claim against us in court arising from or relating to this Agreement, the competent court would be one that is based in England, but you can choose to enter an application to the court of another country. Law of England will apply in all cases.
Legal act protecting personal information is the Data Protection Act 1998, an Act of the British Parliament that defines UK law on data concerning the identification of living persons. The main law governing the protection of personal data in the United Kingdom.
Some of the provisions of the 1998 Act are:
- data may be used only for the specific purposes for which it was collected;
- data should not be disclosed to any third party without the consent of the respective person, unless there is a law or some other legitimate basis to share information (eg, prevention or detection of crime). Obtaining your personal information without authorization is an offense to other parties;
- individuals have a right to access information held about them, subject to certain exceptions (eg information held to prevent or detect crime);
- personal information can not be kept longer than necessary and should be updated;
- personal information can not be sent outside the European Trade Zone unless the person agrees or an adequate protection is in place, for example, by using a form prescribed by the contract governing the transmission of data;
- subject to certain exceptions are organizations that do simple and domestic processing, all entities that process personal information must register with the Office of the Information Commissioner.
- company departments that hold personal information are required to have appropriate security measures in place. These include technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as staff training).
- subjects are entitled to correct incorrect information (note: they do not extend to matters of opinion).
XIV. Advertising and Sponsorship
HANDMADE may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the HANDMADE website is in accordance with existing laws and codes. We will not be responsible for any errors or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
XV. Questions and contact
If you have any questions regarding this document please send an email to email@example.com or contact us using only the dedicated information and addresses from our contact page.
HANDMADE's name and logo are registered trademarks.
HANDMADE EU-UK-01 LTD
20-22 Wenlock Road